Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Easy as Pie

 
 
Buttermilk Pie

I am not a baker nor do I enjoy cooking, but this is a pie even I can make. It is one of my favorite desserts especially during the holidays. A buttermilk pie is easy and is a real treat for the sweet tooth.







Just a few ingredients:

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
½ stick butter
½ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla



 
Beat eggs and melted butter.

 
Beat in sugar,



buttermilk,


and vanilla.



Pour mixture into pie shell.


Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.



The pie is ready when the center of the pie has set up and the top is a golden brown.
Let pie cool for about an hour.


Enjoy!

If you are not a buttermilk drinker, like me, you can make plenty of these pies with a quart of buttermilk. Make two pies for you, one for the neighbors, and one for work.



Happy Baking,
Dena

No comments:

Post a Comment